The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

It is Young Adult Monday! 

When it comes to working in Youth Services, you have to read a little bit of everything. One of my favorite young adult authors is Sarah Dessen. I fell in love with her books after reading the book This Lullaby.  I even named my cat Dexter after one of the characters in the book. Meet my awkward cat Dexter. 



To mix things up a little bit, I had to read one of her most recent books The Moon and More.  


Age Range- ages 12 and up 
Pages- 448 
Release Date- June 2013 

Quick Summary 

Emaline lives in Colby. Colby is a small tourist spot. She has the perfect boyfiend and she is getting ready to go off to college. When her biological father comes into town, her life is shaken up. Her biological father wants more for her then the little town of Colby. Shortly after her father arrives, Emaline and her longtime boyfriend break up, and Emaline immediately rebounds with a visiting tourist. As the summer quickly passes by, Emaline must balance what she wants with what she already has. 

Review

I am a huge Sarah Dessen fan. I recommend her stories about change to my older tweens and teens, but this was the first book by her that I really didn't like. Maybe it is just because I am getting older and I cannot relate to her books anymore. I don't want to give away too much, but one thing that really bothered me was the plot holes! The biggest plot hole was having to do with her tourist boyfriend named Theo. Dessen never wraps up what happens to him. He was a major character in the book, and it was a loose end that left me tied in knots. I also didn't love some of the characters in the book. I might hold off on recommending this particular Dessen book. I would have to give this one only three stars. It was good, but not a must read like her previous titles. 



I must say, I am really excited for Dessen's new book though.  

Check out her new book Saint Anything 


Look for it to come out on May 5,2015. 


Are you a Dessen fan? Which one is your favorite? 



-Pamela 


1 comment