Upcoming Movies With Tween Appeal

Check out some of the movies coming out next year with tween appeal! I have noticed there are a huge amount of movies that are either remakes, live action versions of animated movies, and sequels. I've also noticed a trend of movies based on video games.

Kung Fu Panda 3 

Finally! Our favorite Panda gets some more love! 


Angry Birds


The Secret Life of Pets


Zootopia


Moana

YUSSSS! New Disney Princess! I have been counting down until this one and was over the moon when I found out it is now less than a year away!


Sly Cooper

Based on a video game


The Jungle Book 


Alice: Through the Looking Glass


Other movies coming next year include The BFG (based on the book by Roald Dahl), live action versions of The Little Mermaid, Pete's Dragon, Tarzan, and Dumbo. In addition, we will see Ice Age 5, Ever After High, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life come to the big screen. Also, Disney is putting out another Star Wars movie called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which is a part of the new Star Wars Anthology movies and takes place in between the second and third movie. Reputedly Disney is planning on releasing a Star Wars movie every year from here on out.  I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this. Personally, it feels like overkill to me (and this is coming from a dedicated Star Wars fan!) Which of these tween movies are you most excited about? Personally, I cannot wait to see Moana!

Bonus: In 2017, be watching for Space Jam 2 with Lebron James.


Alyssa


No comments