Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel by Meg Cabot



Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel 

By Meg Cabot 



The Story

Set five years after Mia graduates from college, not much has changed for Princess Mia. She is still volunteering, dating Michael, and doing princess lessons. That is until Mia discovers a family secret that will change everything. Mia finds out she has a half sister & then Michael proposes. Mia must now juggle the new addition to her family all while planning her wedding.

Review 

I grew up with Princess Diaries. It was one of my favorite series. As an adult, it is very special to revisit Princess Mia. It is like visiting an old friend.  
Given that this was a teen series, I want to note that this is not something to recommend to teens. This is defiantly an adult book. It has many adult scenes, but it is perfect for the 20 something that grew up with this series. 

 The only thing I was a little disappointed by was that the novel is called, "Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel," but I felt like it didn't really cover the wedding. 

It only has one brief entry about the wedding at the end of the book, and it didn't cover what happened. As a Princess Mia fan, I was rooting for Mia and Michel for years. With that history, I really wanted to read more about the wedding. As a result, I really felt like the last half of the book was rushed. You could tell there was some sort of deadline that was needing to be met.

 Besides this detail, I really enjoyed the novel. I am so thankful that Ms. Cabot has allowed me to revisit my favorite princess. I am still hoping that Cabot will include an extra book on the wedding. A girl can dream, right? 



Look for this book now available for sale. Also look for the spin off called "From the Notebooks of  Middle School Princess." 

This book will narrate what happens to Princess Mia's half sister. Cabot has announced that Mia will appear in this spin off series. The next one in the spin off series will come out next summer, but it has yet to be confirmed if there will be another adult book. 


22718809

Either way I am really excited about this. What are you reading? 

- Pamela


No comments