2019 Update


Image result for hello gif

It has been a long time. I write once a month for the ALSC blog, but I have been terrible at keeping up with my own.

Despite my goal to write more posts last year, I epically failed. I ended up taking the year off to devote to my work and family after I graduated school.

Since I started this blog, a lot has changed. I became a teen librarian, I graduated with my undergraduate and my MLIS degrees, I moved to a different state, and... I converted from being a devoted tea drinker to becoming a coffee drinker. 

One thing that hasn't changed is my love and passion for the library. Despite all of the changes over the years I still find excitement in serving patrons, assisting in reader's advisory, and planning programs. 

This blog's focus has always been on serving tweens in the library. I have always felt like tweens needed the most support in their time of transition. Maybe I related to this age group the most because I too was in a time of transition in my life. 

I still spend a great deal of time with tweens, but the other half of my work life is devoted to teens and doing storytimes. It wouldn't be fair to not share this part of my work too.
My new goal with this blog is to help close the gap in youth serves. Expect to see some changes this year as I slowly make my way back into the blogging world. 

This year, you will start to see more posts devoted to my programs and work with teens and kids of all ages, but I will also still be writing about tweens too! 

I hope by sharing my work, it will help to transition customers of all ages to create patrons with a passion for lifelong learning. 















No comments