Comics, Graphic Novels, and Manga for Tweens


The other day, I had a patron come up to me and ask me for manga, comic, and graphic novel suggestions. They liked the series Amulet, and wanted something
exciting and funny more geared to girls.


Have you ever had a reference questions where you just froze up?
 I had no idea how to tackle this one.  

I have read Smile, Sisters, and El Deafo, but that was the extent of my experience. 
Besides the classics such as Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes, I wasn't sure how to start. 

Thankfully, my amazing coworkers were there to save the day!

After this occurrence, I realized how foreign this genre was to me. 
So I challenged myself to read more comics, manga, and graphic novels.

After some research and a lot of reading, I formed a list of some of the best of the best within this genre.I plan to use this list this summer.

So here is a list (in no particular order) of some great graphic novels,
 comics, and manga for tweens:



StarWars_cover

13170037


2693619

12159923



Babymouse




Yotsuba&!

Yotsuba&!, Volume 1

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1

6845839

Pokemon Adventures



The Legend of Zelda



Happy Happy Clover
6050103

The Big Adventures of Majoko

6050101

ChocoMimi

6390542


Let's not forget Raina Telgemeier of course! I can't wait for her new book.

25903764
I

Did I miss any? What are some of your favorites?

- Pamela



10 comments

  1. Awesome job! This will be very helpful this summer. I love Jellaby so much-it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latest comics: discover new releases! It is an application designed to discover the best comics of DC Comics, Marvel, Manga, Kodansha, Viz, among others and keep up to date with the most recent releases of your favorite comics like Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, among many more. Save your favorite comics, rate them and help more people know them. Discover which are the best rated comics.
    Download it now! The latest comics: discover new releases! Free on the Play Store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've heard the word, but do you really know what Manga is or why your kids are so keen on it? Get the lowdown from someone who knows what Manga is about and gives us five things you'll love about it. مانهوا

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it can be cute and non violent. If you've watched enough Manga and have become a true fan than maybe you've felt that urge in your hands to pick up a pencil and draw. Mangastream

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. 鬼滅の刃 全巻無料

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both share many common techniques and approaches, but perhaps Western animations have been trending towards using more sophisticated technology. manga

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ability and kindness in มังงะ controlling a lot of stuff was crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great solutions out of you actually, dude. manga

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting, but it is necessary to click on this link: มังงะ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ghost (GH-057) book We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

    ReplyDelete